Internships at Paths for Families
Paths for Families hosts undergraduate and graduate interns at locations in Baltimore and Washington, DC. Paths for Families undergraduate interns will have the opportunity to gain experience in our development and Adoptions Together programs. MSW interns will have the opportunity to gain experience in our Adoptions Together and counseling programs.
Who Should Apply:
- Family Science Internships: Undergraduate students in Family Science or a closely related program.
- Social Work Internships (Adoptions Together Program and Counseling Program): Second year MSW students.
- Social Media or Video Production Internship: 3rd or 4th year Bachelor’s level college student majoring in Film, Communication, Marketing, or a related area of study.
Internships Locations: All internships are currently hybrid.
- Family Science internships are hosted in our Baltimore, Maryland and Calverton, Maryland offices.
- Social Work internships are hosted in our Calverton, Maryland and Washington, DC offices.
- Social Media or Video Production Internships are mostly remote with the occasional attendance at an in-person event if available.
How to Apply: Applicants will need to apply via our applicant portal above providing a cover letter and resume. Cover letters should describe your background, experience, interest in social work, and should specify which semester you would like to complete the internship.
Paths for Families is an equal opportunity employer. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Application Timeline: Applications will only be accepted during the time periods listed below:
- Undergraduate Internships: We are accepting applications for academic year 2024-2025 undergraduate internships through April 30, 2024.
- Masters Level Internships: We are accepting applications for academic year 2024-2025 second year MSW internships through April 30, 2024.
Credit: Adoptions Together only offers institutional credit internships which are unpaid.
- Candidates must have an interest in social work and the well-being of families.
- At minimum, should be a student at a college/university in good standing in a MSW, Family Science, or another program directly related to the proposed internship.
- Be open to and maintain respect for the clients of Paths for Families, understanding that our clients come from various life circumstances, racial, ethnic, sexual, gender, socioeconomic, and religious identities.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be proficient in technology usage, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Have strong organization and time management skills.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality of client information.
Selection and Interviews: After the application period has closed, HR will conduct a review of all applications received. Supervisors will conduct interviews with finalists. Supervisors also will make the final hiring decision.